Building on the success of the older model, the Fluval 405 filter, this filter provides enhanced functionality and filtration performance that creates the cleanest, healthiest aquariums ever. This external canister aquarium filter delivers many more practical benefits including faster and more efficient water filtration, less maintenance and routine inspection, a much easier setup, and boasting a smooth quieter operation.Get the Fluval 406 here!
Quick Fluval 406 Stats:
Aquarium Capacity: up to 100 US Gallons
Dimensions: 10 x 8 x 20 inches
Filter Media Stages: Contains 4 Media stages
Pump Output: 383 US Gal/h
Filter Circulation: 245 US Gal/h
Wattage: 120V/60Hz: 7.5W & 230-240V/50Hz: 6W
Key features of the Fluval 406 Aquarium Filter:
- Increased motor hydraulic performance: This means the flow rate is better, and you don’t have to get in there to maintain it as often.
- Sound absorbing design – better Bearing minimizes impeller vibration and cover reduces noise.
- Powerful Motor: Maintains strong flow between scheduled maintenances.
- Better biological filtration: with the addition of Bio-Foam media. Better performance means cleaner, healthier water for aquarium fish.
- Easy maintenance: Aqua stop valves, Lift Lock Clamps & Quick-change Mechanical Media.
- Instant Prime system – no need for manual siphoning.
- Redesigns: New impeller cover that doesn’t easily break.
A detailed look – Our Fluval 406 Review:
The filter helps make aquarium keeping as easy and worry-free as possible by providing a remarkable range of additional features, including patented Aqua-Stop Valves for easy hose disconnections, single-motion lift-lock clamps for simple cleaning and maintenance, and multiple removable filtration baskets that are already packed with the necessary media for mechanical, chemical, and biological filtration.
The Fluval 406 filter comes with 4 media baskets, and you get most of the various types of media included in the purchase. This is the best thing about the 406 canister filter, it gives you the opportunity to combine various types of aquarium filtration media to create a custom filtration system specific for your tank. For example, using more carbon in a dirty tank.
In addition, the filter has a unique square-shaped canister design that holds 35 to 50% more water than round canister filters of similar size, allowing better water flow through a complex cleansing path that maximizes contact with the filtration media. The powerful motor has a flow rate of 1450 Liters per hour, or 383 Gallons, that’s suitable for a massive 400 liter tank.
The Fluval 406 external canister aquarium filter comes with the following in the box:
- 4 x Foam filter pads
- 2 x 70 gram carbon filter pad
- 2 x Fine water Polishing pad
- 2 x 120g BIOMAX
- 2 x Bio-Foam pads
- AquaStop valve assembly
- Ribbed hosing
- 2 rim connectors
- 1 Intake tube
- 1 Intake strainer
- Aquarium Output nozzle
- 2 rubber connectors
- Instruction manual
The Fluval 406 external canister filter certainly goes above and beyond your everyday tank filter. As proof of their confidence, when buying directly with the supplier, Fluval offers a decent sized warranty, protecting the filter and your fish. Guaranteed for a few years. All in all, a brilliant choice for fish tanks up to 100 gallons.Get the Fluval 406 here!
For more information on how to clean and maintain your filter check out our article on how to clean a canister filter.